Firewall rule information
Requesting Firewall rules.
Firewall rules now have the following seven fields (The first six are required, and the seventh is optional):
|Source||IP addresses or networks that are typically a client or running client software|
|Destination||IP addresses or networks that are typically a server or running server software|
|Application||Program that is being acted on, such as HTTP, FTP, Oracle, etc.|
|Protocol||Network protocol, such as TCP, UDP or ICMP|
|Port||Network port number(s) used for the TCP and UDP protocols|
|Justification||Business case or reason for requesting such exemption|
|Other Details||Any additional details (Optional)|
|Firewall form fields from TechSolutions|
Please provide firewall information using the following criteria:
- Provide the first six fields (see above) in all firewall rule requests. Only the seventh field is optional.
- For Source and Destination fields, always inclued both the IP address and the DNS name (when available). This helps reduce errors.
- Do not combine multiple firewall rules into one definition.
- For Linux servers, firewall rules are required even if servers are on the same network.
- An individual firewall request (a Tech Solutions ticket) can include multiple firewall definitions, as long as each definition is listed separately in the ticket.
Page name |
Piped link |
Interwiki link |